Tentative Agreement for Safeway and Giant!!  

Looks like those of us in the DC and Baltimore corridor will be able to continue to shop our local stores with pride ('cause I ain't crossing no picket line, ever).

SUPERMARKET WORKERS WIN TENTATIVE AGREEMENT: (3/30/08 12P) UFCW Locals 400 and 27 report they have reached a tentative agreement with Giant Food and Safeway which will be submitted to the membership on Tuesday, April 1. “Community support was vital to winning this agreement,” Local 400 President James Lowthers said Sunday. Activists and allies are being urged to continue support activities activities – especially the worker support cards – through Tuesday, when the contract ratification vote will be held.


I'm hoping the membership has the contract they want and can vote for this. I wasn't looking forward to finding alternatives to my store, but I was totally ready to do it.


Digg!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment