My First Union Job  

I found this over at Dailykos:

by Brad007 [Subscribe]
Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 12:26:05 PM EDT
I just wanted to start this diary to talk about my thoughts on unions and the job I will be starting on Monday.

It will no doubt get buried within candidate diaries but it's worth talking about anyway.

Wow, my first union job. I've never had an unionized job in the 8 and a half years I've been working. I wish I had one a long time ago.

United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, Local 267. It has a nice ring to it. I can't go into further specifics in regards to where or what duties. However, it feels good to know that as a laborer, I have the power to negotiate for higher wages, etc.

I'm hoping a lot of good comes out of this job. Being in an union makes me feel more secure about my job.

Well, I just thought I'd share.



Welcome Brad007.

W E L C O M E!!!!!


Digg!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment