I think we've only ever posted 1 other job announcement, but this one was too good to not post. It's all about women working with women. If you're a frequent reader of this blog you know that we're huge fans of the work that groups like Hard Hatted Women do in Cleveland. Well, here's your opportunity to take one step forward and help another woman up...
Language Arts Instructor (Part Time 15-20 hours weekly)
Education: Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, 20001, United States
Posted by: Washington Area Women in the Trades
Type: Part time
Job posted on: July 17, 2008
Area of Focus: Education and Academia, Job Training and Workplace Issues, Women's Issues
Last day to apply: August 18, 2008
Last updated: July 21, 2008
• Provide ABE and pre-GED instructions that increase students' reading and math skills, and prepare students for Non-traditional apprenticeship examinations.
• Submit weekly lesson plans for approval by the lead instructor
• Adhere to established curriculum; identify and report to Project Director any need for changes to address students’ learning styles.
• Follow established instructional guidelines, and methods that measure students' progress.
• Other related duties as assigned
1. Experience working with adults in an academic setting.
2. A BA Degree or currently enrolled in an institution of higher education with a minimum one (1) year experience in adult education/tutoring.
3. Understanding of the adult education, life skills, and non-traditional career concepts.
4. Understanding of the psychological and social challenges faced by under-employed women
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Strong teamwork skills.
POSITION CONTRACTED FOR 12 WEEKS
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position, with resume to: email@example.com