Democratic Underground And the Prevailing Wage Rate  

There's an interesting discussion going on over at DU lately relative to the prevailing wage. Highly recommend a read of this.

And while I'm on this topic, it appears that the Governor of Ohio and his Lt are looking at modifying the instructions for use of the prevailing rate. If you get a minute, give the Ohio Governor's office a heads up on how the prevailing rate has affect you, especially if you're Sniffa from DU. They can use that info in their re-work to clarify instructions. Need more info, here's what Sniffa had to say on DU

I'm currently a land surveyor (will be for quite some time until I hopefully become a PLS) and I know/heard that there actually is a surveyor's union (someone told me last week that it was part of Local 7).

In my past 8+ years in the industry I've never met/heard of a single union surveyor. It seems that they are a rare breed, and maybe so because any joe will gladly work for less wages (not to mention the pirate surveyors).

Will joining (if I can) hurt me? I'm very ignorant in this matter, so I'm asking for advice.

I've been working since April on a prevailing wage job, but being paid only 39% of what I should be getting, so I'm even more eager to join, but worried if I do, I'll be out of a job in an industry that has been struggling really bad for about a year at least.


To reach Governor Strickland, try these avenues:

Mail

Governor's Office
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6108

Phone/Fax

General Info: (614) 466-3555
Fax: (614) 466-9354

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment