UMW Stumping for Obama/Biden in West Virginia  

I love stories like this one from Carnacki over at Dailykos:



Number of miles traveled roundtrip from Martinsburg, West Virginia to Charleston, West Virginia to join the Tour for Change: 632

Number of hours spent driving in a beatup old pickup truck: 12

Cost of gas: Tearworthy

Number of rallies following John F. Kennedy's historic 1960 tour: 8

Number of hours spent on the bus for the Tour for Change: 16

Number of times UMWA President Cecil Roberts shouted "George Bush, John McCain, One and the Same": 45*

Watching West Virginians come together to support Barack Obama: Priceless.




seriously, you just gotta love it!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments

  • WVBlue  
    9:10 PM

    I posted the astericks with Cecil Roberts and meant to put "estimated" some where at the end of the diary and forgot. I can't walk out of a room without forgetting why I did so. ;)

    Carnacki

  • WVBlue  
    9:11 PM

    Oh and glad you liked it. I meant to put that in my first comment too. See what I mean.

  • bendygirl  
    10:06 PM

    wow, I didn't realize you read Uniongal. It's pretty darn cool.

Post a Comment