I Have Tickets on Amtrak, I'm an IDIOT!  

I know, I'm insane.

It's not like I don't already know this.

You see, despite knowing that the PEB has ruled for Amtrak's workers and despite also knowing that the unions representing those workers have issued a deadline of 12:01 a.m. on Jan. 30, I still went ahead and booked the train today. I'd waited just as long as I possibly could.

Amtrak is still dragging their feet and right now, I have to wonder what happens when I'm set to leave on 1/31. I'm not crossing a picket line. I'm not even crossing a picket line that hasn't been set up (yes, I'm talking to you Huckabee for going on Colbert and Leno, crossing a picket line if it's visible is JUST AS BAD as CROSSING one via broadcast uplink).

So, ticket has been purchased. It's true, I'm an idiot. I hold out little hope of the strike not taking place the night before I'm to leave. So, can we all just hope Amtrak gets it's head out its ass and does right by its workers this time. 8 years of waiting for a contract is 95 months too long!!


Digg!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment